Position – Director of Clinics
Job Summary :
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Clinical Services and HVVMG Medical Director, the Director of Clinics is responsible for the overall planning, development, coordination, implementation and management of all medical office administrative functions and related medical office development activities in a medical office setting with multiple employed physicians. The primary focus of the position includes, but is not limited to, day-to-day operations, communication, and interoffice coordination to ensure service quality and financial management of the medical office.
Essential Functions :
1. Works collaboratively with Chief Operating Officer,Senior Director of Clinical Services, Medical Director, and other senior management directors, to ensure an integrated system for delivery of care.
2. Leads monthly meetings and is responsive to other meetings and committees as required. Communicates outcomes appropriately.
3. Functions as a liaison between the clinic staff/physicians and the executive management team for administrative issues
4. Provides insight/direction to operating departments regarding methods that may result in improved operating performance or efficiency and/or improved interdepartmental collaboration and cooperation.
5. Assists in the mentorship of physicians.
6. Ensures all staff meet highest competency levels to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
7. Coordinates maintenance and environmental services for the medical office.
8. Facilitates final conflict resolution with patients regarding physicians, attorney requests, billings, and healthplans.
9. Maintains compliance with all OSHA regulatory guidelines.
10. Functions as direct council for administrative issues (patient/staff concerns, complaints, physicians).
• Available to respond to all emergencies at the medical office 24/7.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: B.S. degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Requires three (3) years prior healthcare managerial experience.
Computer Skills: Strong knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Other: Valid California Driver’s License for travel between HVVMG locations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities :
• Possess current knowledge and abilities to effectively apply principle skills.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills to achieve desired goals and to interact effectively with management and non-management personnel and physician groups.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
• Seeks out available resources to resolve problems.
• Ability to apply appropriate interventions and follow up on identified projects.
• Must possess strong verbal and writing communication skills.
• Possess a professional and mature demeanor.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure by prioritizing work activities and re-negotiating deadlines.
• Excellent employee management skills.
• Ability to function independently as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to travel within Heritage Victor Valley Medical Group locations
Preferred Position Qualifications :
Education: B.S. Degree in Business Administration
Experience: Previous experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
Computer Skills: Nextgen, EZ CAP experience preferred.
Other: Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Medical Office Management: 3 years
Required language: Spanish
Please email your CV to Susannah Meehan – firstname.lastname@example.org